September 14, 2011

This Week in History

We have been watching PBS's Colonial House on DVD. I remember watching the show when it first aired. We've had some very interesting conversations about taking modern people and sticking them in the 1600's.


Virginia Bound is our current read aloud. I randomly happened upon this book at the library. It was a very good read. It fits our studies so well! I give it a hearty thumbs up if you are studying Colonial history.


We've read through A History of US series before. Currently are reading the 2nd book. I think this time around I'm going to just buy them one at a time. I found this one used at our local homeschool store. They are very well written and fun to read.




Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments encourage me to keep blogging!