September 24, 2011

Piercings

Today I let my dear friend stab me in the face. It was fun. How's that for an introduction? It's totally true.

First, let me tell you a few things I've learned about piercings. If someone comes after you with a piercing gun, run. Professional piercings are not done with guns. They are done with hollow needles that slice through skin without damaging the surrounding tissue. Piercing guns do not go into an autoclave machine. Sure they toss the piercing insert, but the gun itself just gets reused as is. Do you really want to chance it?

Stephanie, uses all disposable one-time-use parts (even the clamp went into the trash). No worries about who used the equipment before me. If you are a local friend you need to check out the Love Shack. You'll get amazing talent in a hygienic environment. Body art just doesn't get better than that. Unless you like sharing needles with skanks and crackheads. If so, then the Love Shack is not the place for you.

I've been asked "does it hurt" so many times, that I'll answer it here. Pain is a relative term. I birthed 4 babies. 3 of them were all natural with no drugs. That hurt, but not enough to keep me from doing it again. I have a high tolerance for pain.

First she swabbed my nose inside and out with alcohol. It stung a little and made my eyes water. That wasn't fun. Or maybe it was and I missed it...


See? The clamp, it's not so bad. Nothing really.


Here comes the needle. Feeling lots of pressure. But wait...I can't actually feel the needle.


I kept waiting for it. I even held my breath. I wouldn't have if I'd have known she was only holding my nostril out for a picture. hehe


All of a sudden it was over. I bet only 2 minutes passed from alcohol swabbing to looking in the mirror.


I love it. This whole thing started in Book Club. We were talking about piercings...and really with so much wine on the table I don't even remember how it came up. I think someone (maybe it was me) said they always wanted a nose stud, but between birthin' babies and feeding the man, I just never made time. So we decided to make a date and do it together. That is the best way to get things done.






Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments encourage me to keep blogging!