September 6, 2011

Enchiladas and Red Wine

Ingredients: 2lbs ground beef, seasonings (whatever you like in your ground beef), cheese (normally I'd use a Mexican cheese like Queso Fresco - I had cheddar on hand), corn tortillas, and enchilada sauce.

Enchiladas are so easy. I brown the ground beef with lots of seasonings: onion powder, garlic powder, cumin, chili powder, salt, and cilantro.

Heat the corn shells in the microwave for about 1 minute so that they are pliable. Then soak them in the sauce one at a time.


Fill the bottom of your baking dish with more sauce. Then fill each shell with a couple of tablespoons of meat and cheese. Roll them up and place them seam side down over the sauce.



Pour the rest of the sauce, cheese, and meat over top and bake at 350deg for about 15 minutes. Another option would be to layer the shells and ingredients like you would a lasagna.


I've been enjoying a glass of wine in the evenings. I've tried several different brands so far. I'm certainly not an expert. Mostly it's all trial and error, but I thought I'd share some of my favorites.

Tonight I finished off this red blend from Marienetta: Old Red Vine, Lot Number 55.


It's mostly a red Zinfandel. This has great flavor. Mmmnnn....it went well with my meal.


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments encourage me to keep blogging!