May 31, 2010

Memorial Day

We decided we wanted to spend Memorial Day with a crack of dawn fishing trip!

On the way to the fishing spot, we passed a turtle in the middle of the road. If you know me, you know that I am passionate about stopping and helping the turtles cross the road. And he was such a handsome turtle. Very shy.

Photobucket

We caught a bunch of fish.

Photobucket

Here's my catfish.

Photobucket

Jeremiah kept catching the trees.

Photobucket

Leon also caught a cat.

Photobucket

Teaching his boys how to unhook a mean cat.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Calvin's 2nd catch of the day.

Photobucket

Kelsea was mostly bored. Fishing is not her "thing".

Photobucket

But the rest of us had a blast.

Photobucket

We went home and took a nice long afternoon snooze. We decided to head out to another lake (one closer to home) and do some evening time fishing. We caught a bunch more fish. Unfortunately I did not have my camera. I enjoyed the evening fishing much more than the crack of smack fishing. Just sayin'.

1 comment:

  1. i should have come hung out with Kelsea. Fishing is not my thing either.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments encourage me to keep blogging!