May 8, 2010

Happy Mother's Day

I don't typically get into the "Hallmark Holidays". Mother's Day, Father's Day, Grandparent's Day. I think we should appreciate the special people in our lives everyday.

But I will say, becoming a mom is one of the best things I have ever done in my life. Sometimes it is a downright dirty job. But it is one of the few jobs that is completely worth all the work you put into it.

They don't stay little for long. I always find that when I look up from all the work I do, that they've grown another foot, lost another tooth, or reached another milestone.

So I will spend tomorrow loving my children and listening to their stories. I'm going to hug each one of them extra close and whisper "I love you" in their ears. I'm going to take in their sweet smells and joyful voices.

Happy Mother's Day everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments encourage me to keep blogging!