February 2, 2007

One Night With the King

The kids and I have been studying the book of Esther. It is a fantastic story to read as a family. My daughter has been enthralled with it and is reading it over and over. She thinks it's better than any ol' Cinderella story 'cause it's REAL.

Anyway, we've read several Bible translations as well as several story book versions. So of course when One Night with the King came out on DVD we HAD to rent it. Dd was very dissapointed that it wasn't more true to the Word. Poor girl. It was still a good conversation about Hollywood glitz and glam. She did think the came up with a beautiful Esther!

We've had alot of fund discussing possible beauty treatments and use of myrh. It's been so much fun. My daughter is 12btw.

The boys enjoyed this story too. Alot of action that they have been acting out in their play. My insightful 13yo did notice that the king is very unsure of himself (in the movie version). He didn't like that Esther kept questioning him. "That's not how it really was. Nope the real king wouldn't have stood for THAT!"

Ahh a house of boys...gotta love 'em.

Otherwise...I liked the movie. It was entertaining .

Schoolwork wise. My 13yo is finally getting where he is supposed to be for Math. My daughter? Not so much.

My other guys are too young to worry about "where they are supposed to be".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments encourage me to keep blogging!