February 12, 2007

Nice Weekend

think this was the first weekend in a very long time that we actually got to spend time at home~doing nothing! We were lazy. It was great! The guys played Monopoly while my daughter and I worked on our scrapbooks and watched Tales from Avonlea, Season 1 (on dvd). It was fun. Even Leon and the boys would pause their game to watch some of the better episodes.

I love to read LM Montgomery's books on Avonlea. My favorites are the ones with Anne-all grown up. Tales from Avonlea is cute. I would so like to have grown up in a town like that. I love the clothes and lifestyle; so simple and clean. Except, I start to think about all the hard work and I change my mind and enjoy the pleasures of the 21st century. I think I'll start reading the "Anne" series again. That is when I've gotten to the bottom of the stack of books I just got from the library.

Speaking of which, I'm reading the next book in the Torie O'shea Mysteries. They are written by Rett MacPherson. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this series. Basically, Torie O'Shea is a genealogist but a wanna be detective. She's a wife and mother in a small town in "New Kassel" Missouri (town is made up). Anyway, they are exciting and suspenseful but not in a "I can't sleep because there are things hiding in the dark now-what was that noise?!" kind of way. I can relate to the main character as a wife and mom. Well, I can probably go on and on about the series. I'm on pins and needles waiting for the next one (releasing the first week in March).

It's been a pretty lazy day today too. Dh is home and has been playing basketball with the kids for the majority of the afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments encourage me to keep blogging!