February 8, 2007

Thurdays

Today is probably the busiest day of my week. Since I'm already out, I try to schedule all of my appts and errands for today. I am such a homebody. I'd rather be reading a book to my kids. Oh well, I march on, too much to do. At least Fridays are much more peaceful.

So Thursdays mean Thursday School. The older two kids are taking a Write Shop class. The teacher has incorporated a fiction writing assignment for the kids. They came up with the plot, characters, setting, blah blah blah as a class. It was very funny because the girls keep directing it towards a romance and the guys keep killing off all the characters. Essentially everyone's story will be the same, except where they are filling in some story lines and flash backs. The story is about a pirate named Jack McLawrence (his given name was Jack McFlarty but the girls nixed that so they had to compromise) who is desperately, and secretly, in love with a girl of noble birth named Saphire. Her family is in trouble and he sets out to become the hero to win her heart. Jack's birthplace is Ireland and he's becoming quite the world traveler.--I think I'm enjoying this just as much as my kids.

Yesterday, after doing math with the kids, I fell asleep on the couch for 3 hours. I can't believe I did that. Not only were the kids perfect (the four year old was asleep with me) but 3 hours?! To top it off the house was clean! I'm so amazed. They are never that quiet when I'm awake and my house is NEVER that clean while kids are still awake. I almost wonder what they were up to, some sort of conspiracy I'm sure ;-) .

I've gone off coffee to prove to my husband that I'm not addicted. I'm stubborn and always get myself into these kind of things. Dh jokes "I think you're getting addicted to the stuff" "I am not, I'll prove it". So, I really am not addicted to coffee. The first week I didn't even think about it. I just really like a nice hot cup in the morning. It's soothing. I have been almost two weeks without a single cup. I miss my morning cup (or 2) of coffee. I especially enjoy sitting with my brew while on the computer. It's like having a cup with friends.

(Currently listening to: One Headlight by The Wallflowers)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments encourage me to keep blogging!