February 4, 2007

Anniversary and Superbowl Sunday

I'm bummed about tonights game. My favorite team didn't go forward this year (Panthers). I had fun watching though. We always have a chili contest before the Super Bowl. My husband won the contest the first 2 years and lost last year. This year I'm pleased to announce HE HAS MADE A COME BACK!!! Yes he won first place again. The prize for 1st is a $30 gift card to...none other than...Chili's Restaurant! So dh and I will have another date night! Always cool.

Also today is the 8th anniversary of my wedding day. It doesn't feel like 8 years but then at the same time it doesn't feel like we've ever been apart. I love this man, my best friend. We come a long way and are completely different people than we were ~PRAISE GOD! My husband is an amazing man. he still knows how to melt my heart. Sometimes I look at him and still get butterflies.

To celebrate our big day (we were pressed for time because of the SUPER BOWL) we went to see Stomp the Yard. That was a great movie. I really enjoyed it. It brought back so many memories of skipping school to go see the step shows at Winston Salem State. Man those shows were amazing! My friends and I had so much fun!

Today has been an exciting day, so much to share. We had a guest at church today who has the gift of "words of knowlege". There were a couple who stood as a witness who apparently knew this gentleman from years and years ago. Anyway, after church dh and I went to this man and our pastor for prayer. The gentleman spoke some truths to Leon and I that, while hard to hear, were absolute TRUTH! It was such a blessing. This man didn't know us from Adam. But he knew things no one else in our church even knew. I'm looking forward to complete healing and a big change in season. GOD IS GOOD!

Well, I started this blog a year and a half ago but soon after I switched to Verizon Online who gives you a free website. So I blogged there for a while. Now I'm using a different ip and need a new home. Rather than start a new blog...I'll just pick Xanga back up.

Blessing upon you today,

Mandy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments encourage me to keep blogging!