October 26, 2009

October Parent/Teacher Meeting (he-he)

{or otherwise title: Talking To Myself}



Art: It's one of those things I have to gear myself up for. I'm going to focus on art this month.

  • This week penciled self portrait

  • Week 2 still life in cray pas
  • Week 3 landscape in water colors.
  • Week 4 work with acrylic paint outside.
  • Week 5 we'll do a painting using acrylic paint (I'm not brave enough to let them have at the oils)
I'm excited. This will be fun!



History: We're ready to move on from King Arthur.



Math: all but Ishmael have fallen a bit behind. I need to work in some one-on-one time with each kid.



Science:...isn't going so well. I'm going to have to buy a curriculum in January. We will focus on nature studies in the mean time.



Language Arts: going extremely well. All the kids are thriving.



Geography: was set aside for a time. We want to pick it back up this week, we shall see.



Latin: going very well for most. Joshua struggles with the grammar forms and spelling. I'm thinking 4th grade is a bit early for him. He does well with the vocabulary though so for now he'll just plug along. I plan to revisit this book with him again when Jeremiah does it.



Spanish: Jeremiah has a few cd's and workbooks. He's having fun with it. He can carry a light conversation and tell you that we keep the forks in the kitchen. lol



Reading/Literature: The boys are reading through Kenny and the Dragon together. It's a very fun book. They both read 2 chapters and then I read it aloud for Jeremiah.



Jeremiah is working through the Little Bear collection.



Kelsea and I are reading Jane Eyre together.

3 comments:

  1. Mandy - what are y'all using for Art? Do you have a specific curriculum?

    I like your post! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope, no curriculum. I'm just going to give assignments and let them have at it. I'll help the older ones adjust their work and give them some tips.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic. ;-) I think I'm going to look up that Artistic Pursuits or whatever that Melissa uses...

    ReplyDelete

Your comments encourage me to keep blogging!