January 25, 2008

Feeling Complete!


My stepson, Z, came back to live with us this week. I missed him so much while he was away. I've raised him since he was 5 years old. He has been such a big part of our lives here. It was hard to get used to him being gone.

He went to live with his mom last summer. It didn't work out well for them so now he's back, but not by choice. I was expecting the transition to be so much harder. Really, it's been a fantastic week! I laid down the rules the first day and it's been just peachy since. We've talked and laughed and it's been fun.

Not that his heart is completely transformed. I see the man he was becoming battling with the boy he has been. Like a dear friend told me, if the actions are there, then there is hope the heart will soon follow.

I dearly hope so! I love this boy more than he will ever realize. My heart's desire is that he would choose to be with us, to fix his heart on our family. I want to save him from the destruction he was headed towards.

But for right now, I have my baby back. My family feels complete again.

1 comment:

  1. Happened across your blog because my name is Zerrick as well. Very unusual name. I grew up thinking I was the only one.

    I was compelled to write by your commitment to his development. I excelled because my mom and leaders in the community reached out and opened doors to me.

    If I can ever be of any assistance, let me know.

    Zerrick B. Gillam Bzadgi
    Managing Partner, OMNIVERSE MEDIA
    www.omniversemedia.net
    bzadgi@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Your comments encourage me to keep blogging!