January 1, 2008

Come To Work With Me

Tonight we are going to drive Leon's car. It's an itty bitty Honda and I always get a wedgie climbing out of it.














Here is the entrance. Normally I'd park in the back, but the front is still done up in Christmas lights and it feels so festive.

It is 7:00 pm on the dot. Leon and the kids will come at 11:30 to bring in the new year together.




This is what we will be eating for "lunch." It looks like alot but we won't be getting off until 9am. Take note of all the caffeine. It will be your friend tonight.

Those monster drinks are actually pretty good. Low carb to make up for the high fat in the pizza.

There is also alot more water in the cooler. Good munchies are worth staying awake for.

We will be answering the phone, updating my blog, and knitting for the next few hours. Not
many people pass through the lobby today. It's New Year's and pretty dull for us. Trust me it's a good thing.

This is what we see from the desk. I have bad dreams of this view. It is so lifeless.



Those are Duke and Carolina basketball pictures that have been signed. Duke v/s UNC is a big thing here. The boss is a Duke fan but he has to appease his Carolina guests...make it look like we are impartial. GO DUKE!


Here they are! My beautiful family!













They ignore me. See they are looking to their right (our left). What they are really looking for are these:
















Look under the Santa.


Those are fresh baked Otis Spunkmeyer cookies. There are chocolate chip and white chocolate macadamia nut cookies.



















And they are EVIL!







<------See? I'm being ignored. I am not what they came for.





Finally! Someone notices me. He wants to pretend he is checking in.





We oblidge and even give him room keys. 'Cause we can't refuse dimples.






Aren't they beautiful?!!!










I think so.


















Leon goes to watch tv in the breakfast area. He is teasing Kelsea. It's so easy to get her goat. I love it when he teases her.

They all go home shortly after midnight. There is a Law and Order marathon on and Leon doesn't want to miss it. It is very important.

So for the rest of the night it is you and me. We will knit some more. Watch a few DVD's. That is not Sex and the City on my dvd player...it's not. Leon brought over Rush Hour 3. We watch the first 10 minutes before we decide we aren't that bored.














We'll read The Pioneer Woman's confessions and laugh histerically. I'll belt out a few old R&B songs from my Ipod and just to warn you I might even dance...since no one is watching. Eventually I'll get to my work. I do have a hotel to run afterall.

Oh and at about 3am a bunch of people return to their rooms. They are loud and staggering. Obviously they have had a good time. I brace myself because I know I'm going to get noise complaints...but surprisingly no one calls down. That is until 6:30 am...to report that someone threw up in the elevator...I swany...Happy New Year's to us...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments encourage me to keep blogging!