March 21, 2011

Bucket Garden

It's spring! That means putting in my garden. I'm so excited! This year I'm expanding our garden. I would like to do more, but I'm very limited by space.


To the far left there are 2 rows of 3 buckets. Those are my corn. I'm experimenting this year. I'm hoping to learn enough to get a nice crop next year!


The bucket at the bottom of the above picture is a pepper plant.

Behind the corn are gray buckets for cucumber plants.


The sandbox is my herb bed. I drilled holes in the bottom for drainage. I'll create a new post and tell you what exactly I'm growing.


Last, behind the the sandbox is a bucket for carrots, 4 tomato plants, and I have a sweet pepper plant to the right (out of frame).


The nice thing about container gardening, is that I can plant first, and decide where the sun hits best later. After watching the plants for a few days I have come to the conclusion that I should move my corn buckets.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments encourage me to keep blogging!