February 25, 2009

My 10 Year Old

He's 10. Double Digits. We make a big deal out of 10th birthdays. We gave him his very first pocket knife. He's has more privileges than his little brothers now, like staying up till 9:00 on a school night.

He loves sci-fi, and Star Wars reigns supreme. He's a compartmentalist and concrete thinker. He loves being outdoors and working with tools.

He is extremely responsible for his age. Never forgets his chores and always gets his schoolwork done on time.

He joined Cub Scouts this year as a Weebelos. He is so loving it! He works very hard on his achievements and is half way to his Arrow of Light award. I'm so proud of him.

Ishmael has been going by his first name (Calvin) this year. It started with Cub Scout registration. The leaders all called him by his first name and he didn't correct them. It didn't take long before he started referring to himself as Calvin.

I still call him Ishmael. It's harder for mom to make the switch. I can talk about him as Calvin, but I can't talk to him as Calvin.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments encourage me to keep blogging!