January 30, 2007

Ahhh...Peace and Quiet

We've had a rough day. I had a ton of work piled up (papers to grade, bills, record keeping, etc) and the kids were restless. I really should have just let them outside to play. I was determined to get our school work done today. Oh well, next time they go OUTSIDE!!!! BEFORE they drive me crazy.

Later in the afternoon I had to carpool and then take my kids to Awanas. I am really enjoying the evenings to myself! The house has been quiet and I've gotten so much done. I rearranged some closets and cleaned up my paperwork. I still have quite a bit left but I've made such good progress.

I really need the new start on organization. I was living in chaos before my brother in law passed away. That week really threw us for a loop and before I knew it EVERYTHING was in complete and utter chaos. It has been terrible. I can't focus and don't know one end of the house from the other.

Now, I have all my homeschool stuff organized in bankers boxes (the big white cardboard ones with lids) and on the shelf in the laundry room. I tossed so much junk out. I also threw a bunch of stuff in the sunroom for a possible yard sale this spring. This freed up the entryway closet for my scrapbook stuff. Which then freed up the space in my living room where it was being stored. So as a result my livingroom is less cluttered. HA! It feels so much better around her already.

Anyway, I've been busy and am amazed at how much I can get done while the kids are gone for 2 hours! I was in a much better mood for them when they came home!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments encourage me to keep blogging!