February 19, 2011

Emu Egg

My friend, Stephanie, has a farm. She now has emu and shared an egg with us, so we can give them a try.



The kids didn't believe it was real at first. It does resemble a dinosaur or dragon egg. I was going to make an omelet, but decided to make cheesy scrambled eggs instead.



They cooked up super light and fluffy.



Jeremiah loves emu eggs.


I don't think Joshua even really tasted it. He took his obligatory bites. He couldn't get past this being something new and strange.



Kelsea didn't see what all the hype was about. She came downstairs, got her plate and ate breakfast. She said, "it just tastes like any other kind of egg."

Ishmael didn't like the texture. I admit, I prefer my scrambled eggs to be a little more solid and dense. This egg was definitely light and super fluffy. The flavor was just fine.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments encourage me to keep blogging!