July 28, 2009

Slugs and Snails or Blah Blah Blah

Photobucket
We've had several downpours (uneven watering) and so my beautiful tomato cracked. I'm hoping the rest of my crop will be better.

I have also had some trouble with slugs. I can't exactly salt my plants. So I decided to set a trap with beer.

I hope these slugs are German, or at least have good taste in Beer.
Slugs

Slugs

Supposedly the slugs will be attracted to the beer and will drown in the bowl. So the bowl will go under my garden in the shade. We'll see if it works.

We have a jumping spider who likes our garden. He doesn't like us though. This is the first time I've caught him on camera.
Jumping Spider

For the past couple of days I've noticed someone has been eating the leaves on my marconi pepper plant. I think I've found the culprit:
Caterpillar

I think he's an Armyworm moth. There wasn't much damage. We got rid of this one. I hope it's not an infestation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments encourage me to keep blogging!