May 26, 2008

What the world?

I came home from work to find this.

I dont' think I've ever seen anything like this before. He says he hit his mouth with a stick. But it didn't bleed.

DAY 1

It looks like he ripped his gums. But I don't understand why it didn't bleed.
Tooth Injury

Tooth Injury

DAY 2

See the tooth coming through?
Photobucket

DAY 3

The tooth is showing a bit more. So I'm confident that the permanent tooth just didn't come in on top of the baby tooth. That's why the root is still intact. Normally the permanent tooth rubs against and breaks down the root of the milk teeth.

I'm encouraging him to wiggle it as much as possible. I hope it comes out tonight, I'm a little worried about the gums not supporting the new tooth.

Photobucket

Photobucket

He's not worried about a thing. I told him that a tooth that comes with it's root is totally worth $3.oo instead of the usual $2.00. He's been wiggling it like a madman ever since.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments encourage me to keep blogging!