January 19, 2013

Homemaking?

How can a working mom still find the time to keep house? I don't know yet, but I always feel like I'm on the brink of discovery...or something like it.

In truth, my house is not nearly as clean as it was when I was home full-time. Instead of giving the kids chores simply to teach them how, I actually depend on them for it. I can't watch over them for quality assurance so it's never up to my standards. It is tolerable.

I spend Saturdays catching up with the kids while Leon works his route job. Together, we go back over bathrooms, bedrooms, and living spaces. We sweep out corners and dust off the bunnies. Today, it's 3:00 and 3 out of 5 of us are still in pajamas rocking out to music but the house smells and looks amazing. The other 2 have set up shop on Main Street to sell Pokemon cards.

I don't really have a direction for this blog anymore. I, myself, am spread thin across too many slices of bread. I want to write more so I think I'll just start out some posts and see where this takes me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments encourage me to keep blogging!