March 2, 2012

Ribbon in the Sky



I love this song. This would be number one on my "Top Ten Songs of All Time" chart. No matter what mood I'm in, whenever I hear it, my heart stops in it's tracks and I have to close my eyes and just listen. This would be one of the very rare songs that I don't feel compelled to sing along to. It's the mesmerizing piano and the words that are so beautiful you could cry (beautiful for their simplicity). Truly a timeless masterpiece that won my heart over many years ago.

Admittedly the video is full of 80's cheese, but nevertheless Stevie knows his stuff.

Oh so long for this night I prayed
That a star would guide you my way
To share with me this special day
Where a ribbon's in the sky for our love

If allowed may I touch your hand
And if pleased may I once again
So that you too will understand
There's a ribbon in the sky for our love

This is not a coincidence
And far more than a lucky chance
But what is that was always meant
Is our ribbon in the sky for our love, love

We can't lose with God on our side
We'll find strength in each tear we cry
From now on it will be you and I
And our ribbon in the sky
Ribbon in the sky
A ribbon in the sky for our love

I'm curious. Do you have a song that moves you in the same way?

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments encourage me to keep blogging!