July 23, 2008

Joshua is 8!!

I can't believe that my little guy is turning 8 today!

Birthday Boy

Joshua is such a sweet guy. Being very sensitive himself, he's very thoughtful about other people's feelings. He's also extremely independent (or he tries to be anyway). He can't stand being challenged on his size or age. So don't tell him he's little.

When he's mad his jaw tightens and his lips purse together making him look all that more stubborn, but he's determined and doesn't back down from something simply because it's "too hard."

He's reading now. He just really started taking off in the last few months. He devours everything in sight and LOVES to read to his little brother and me. He doesn't even hesitate with the difficult words, he simply plows right on through, but doesn't seem to mind being corrected. However, he also makes sure to get the hard words right the next time. Math seems to come easy to him as he doesn't have to work so hard at it. He is a concrete thinker and has very good reasoning skills.

Joshua is the first one to grab something heavy from my hands or to roll up his sleeves to help me with projects and cleaning around the house. He's so thoughtful of me, his mother. He makes sure my cup is full, both literally and metaphorically.


His favorite things:
Swimming
Hank the Cowdog
Pizza
Ice Cream
Peaches
Ride Bikes
Play Basketball
GI Joe

Birthday Boy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments encourage me to keep blogging!