December 1, 2006

Homeschool Blogger Intro

Hello, I'm Amanda. I homeschool my 5 children, though not formally with the youngest yet.

It's almost 1 in the morning and I'm setting up this blog. Can you guess how many cups of coffee I've had this evening?

I'm up and running on the internet after 5 months sabbatical. (Not by choice!!!) I wish I can say that I got my life in pristine order during my time off but I can't. I can say that I did survive! I can live without the internet! I just don't want to. I am so much better organized when I have a computer.

I took the kids to Pizza Hut for their Book-it pizzas. It's funny how excited they can get over a little bitty pizza. I'm glad they enjoy it. Actually my oldest phased out of the program this year and my youngest is still too young. I like all of the characters they came out with this year. The kids are having fun with that.

I'm very pleased with homeschooling this year. I am much better at managing 4 grade levels than I was last year. Next year I get to start all over when I add in my fifth child.

I'm taking part in a co-op for the first time this year. Everyone is taking a math class for the first hour (the gracious ladies have even taken on the preschoolers). My older kids are taking a writing class. The youngers are in a food study class. I have to say I've never enjoyed anything more than being a part of this group. It's just a handful of moms working out of a church together. Everymom who has kids participating must vounteer. Still at times it feels "short staffed" as most of us have at least 3 kids. The fellowship I'm getting out of this is far worth any amount of work I could put in. Not to mention, my older kids are really getting good at writing.

Anyway, It is late and I should really wrap this up and go to bed. Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments encourage me to keep blogging!