January 4, 2011

Fingerless Gloves

I knit these as a Christmas present for Kelsea.


I used a pattern from Ravelry. I learned how to knit in the round using double point needles(dpn), I had a lot of trouble joining in the round and ended up using the cast on tail to stitch in a seam where it gapped. I also learned how to work a thumb gusset, though I didn't quite understand how to cast the thumb stitches onto waste yarn. I managed to get the thumb done, even if it was a bit clumsy. These were really a lot of fun to cast on.

This second pair I've been working on for a friend. I finally figured out how to work with the waste yarn. It was so much easier than I was trying to make it for the previous pair. I enjoyed doing the cable rounds.








Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments encourage me to keep blogging!