September 24, 2007

About Me

This is the page where almost every sentence starts with "I".

I am living my dream. I am married to the most wonderful man on the planet. I have the best kids. I have a career as a homeschooling mom that is more rewarding than I could ever express in print.

Wife
I am married to my best friend and my lover. We have so many good times together. It is a very unique marriage because we are still best friends even after 5 kids, a crazy life, and many challenges life brings.

Home Maker
I love being home taking care of my family. I love meeting everyone's needs and having the time to invest in each person here. I love trying new things and taking on new challenges. Some of them I try to share in my blog.

Homeschooling
Homeschooling is one of the best things I have ever done for my family. I was very hesitant at first. I was partly afraid and partly selfish. Homeschooling would mean I wouldn't get a break from the kids for 6+ hours a day. It would mean very little time to myself. And frankly it would require more self discipline. I don't like to discipline myself.

While educating my own children, I have had to educate myself. I've discovered that I love learning. I am always hungry for knowledge and am almost never satisfied. We'll go off on wild tangents when inspiration strikes. "SOMETHING NEW! LET'S LEARN WHAT THIS MEANS!" I get to share this experience WITH my children! It just doesn't get any better than that.

My Future
I am still learning more about who I am and what I want out of life. One day I will have to hang that "homeschooling-stay-at-home-mom" hat up. I still have big dreams for when the kids are all grown-up. There are so many things left that I want to do. I would like to become a master gardener, or go back to school and start my own business. So many things...I'll probably change my mind at least a thousand times first.


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments encourage me to keep blogging!